|Job ID||J2030||Postion||WINKFIELD, BERKSHIRE: Live-in Nanny/House Manager (B9,G7 + twin boys 4 yrs)|
|Location||WINKFIELD, BERKSHIRE: late March 2019 start £££ (driver essential)|
Winkfield Berkshire: Live in Nanny late March 2019 for long-standing NSJ clients! Fun outgoing live-in Nanny required to take sole charge of 4 children: B9 & G:7 (at school from 7.30am - 6.30pm) and twin boys:4 years. And do note that during term-time this role is pretty much just the twins.
Hours are 7.30am to 7.30pm Monday to Friday (but generally nanny gets to finish a little earlier on Fridays) with the standard 2 night’s babysitting (Monday to Thursday). Clients are very hands on in the mornings and will get the children up and eating breakfast before they leave for work at 7.45am.
The role involves the usual nanny duties: keeping the children safe, stimulated and happy; cooking for the children; keeping their bedrooms and play areas tidy and doing their laundry etc; over-seeing homework and helping with the Early Years curriculum; and above all, playing with the children, broadening their horizons and having fun!
Our clients work full-time but are hands on, very involved parents who believe strongly in supporting their nanny and ensuring consistency of approach re: manners, discipline etc. It is very much a team effort.
An important part of the role is that of house manager. Duties include the following:
• Managing provisions / shopping lists;
• Liaising with contractors and suppliers as necessary;
• Arranging deliveries / collections;
• Liaising with the housekeeper (who clients expect to come 3 mornings a week);
• Running errands;
• Generally helping clients organise the house and settle in!
Our clients recognise that during the school holidays, the nanny element of the role will absolute take precedence but, during term time, particularly from September 2019, there should be plenty of time to undertake nursery and house management duties as well as have a decent break.
Hours: Three mornings a week the nanny to be on duty from 6.40 am given that parents will need to zoom off to catch trains to London. Two days a week, the intention is that one of the parents will either work from home or get a slightly later train, and therefore it will be a later start (7.45am).
During term time, Nanny will be able to manage your time so that you can take time off during the day while the children are at school, subject to fulfilling your duties. During the holidays, it will be a longer day when you will be responsible for all 4 children. Clients take their family holidays during the school holidays and accordingly, in reality, the longer day is really only relevant for 8-10 weeks of the year.
Whilst there is a separate coach house, it needs a lot of work. So for the first 18 months the accommodation will be a large double bedroom, with own bathroom and separate sitting room at one end of the main house.
• Experience of at least 4 years looking after children and some previous experience of household management;
• Clean driving licence (automatic car);
• Fluent English;
• First aid & CRB checked, plus checkable references;
• Fun, organised, pro-active and responsible who loves children and wants to be part of the family;
• Good communicator;
• Flexible – clients both have pretty full on jobs and there may be times when they get stuck in the office and/or the trains play up (hopefully not many!);
• A desire to find the right family to be with for a couple of years. This is not a short-term position!
Winkfield is a very pretty, quaint and traditional English village in Berkshire; located centrally in a triangle between Legoland and the towns of Bracknell and historic Windsor. Easy access to the M4.
|Live In or Daily||Live-in|
|Accommodation||Bed & Bath|
|Use of Car||Yes|